:headbash: install ipod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help! I know nothing about electrical, I have a street rod (37 Ford) that I just rebuilt. No radio, no cd player, no audio of any kind and I heard i could use an ipod with an amp and speakers only. Is this possible? I would like to use an ipod only but before I invest in an amp and ipod would like to know how this works and what about engine noise? and volume control? The ipod I will get will have a volume control but afraid it will be to sensitive. would like the amp under the passenger seat, and maybe the ipod cord on the bench seat. (no console). If anyone out there can help, I would be so grateful! Thanks

Check out alpine they have a new module that will allow you to connect your ipod to an alpine head unit.

Invest the money in a nice head unit and save your self the head ache of doing just an ipod and amps. this will take car of engine noise, finding a spot for the amp,and the module looks like it has a long enouhg cord so you could mount the module under the seat and lay it on the seat like you mentioned

as for the head unit make a baffle and mount it in the glove box.

www.alpine-usa.com

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/industry_news/article_650.shtml

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.