Is this Right???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so i just take the wires running to the back speakers to hook up to the amp?? the way i have it set up now is i have the 2 wires going to the 2 tweeters in front then the 2 wires running to the stock speakers in back are going into the stock speakers and the subs in back i spliced into the wires and just connected them to the subs in back

So i just take the spliced wires and lead those into the amp instead of the subs? Im no good at this. if anyone could help that would be great Thanks Joe

:confused: :confused: :confused: :dead: :smash:

I'm a bit dizzy reading your post. :D

if you're going to power the speakers with your amp, make sure the amp can handle 2 ohm loads assuming the stock and subs are 4 ohms and are wired in parallel. and also, the stock wires (which I know from experience) will never be thick enough.

the best thing that I recommend is you connect the stock speakers via the stock wires to the rear output of the headunit (internal amp) and run SEPARATE wires (use thick ones here. 14-16ga will do) which will connect the subs to wherever your amp is placed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.