Setting the standard for car amps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CEA, Consumer Electronics Association, has set a standard for car amps. If the amp sports their logo it will display the TRUE RMS power the amplifier makes driveing a 4 ohm load with 14.4V powersupply.

They also have special test for amps that are designed for low impedances and such. There are a few loop holes some people might could use. But its WAY better than the EIA standard already in use.

http://www.jbl.com/car/support/AUTOMEDIA_CEA2006.pdf

I hope manufactures embrace this new standard. I belive it will help out the car audio industry.

Immo_G said:
Shares in Boss Audio, Audioline, Sony and Audiostrada went down 5%, as well as the korean currency :)
Is Boss Audio part of Audiobahn? Most Amplifiers are made in Korea now even some JBL, they used to make them in North Ridge CA, but not anymore, Its a good Thing to have a standard, you can not know what standard manufacturers quote on there boxes, i never believe any of it until i see how many capacitors and transistors are in the amp! but then again, i dont take my screw driver with me ever time i go to buy an amp!;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.