www.thecaraudioclub.com - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th June 2004, 05:07 AM   #1
NB23 is offline NB23  United States
diyAudio Member

Default www.thecaraudioclub.com

can someone tell me if www.thecaraudioclub.com is a good website. I have been on their website thinking to get a membership. I tried to call them and and answering machine picked up, but it did say that it was the car audio club. Should I just risk it and send a $29 money order if it is a fraud I will only lose 29 bucks. I wanted to get 3 JL w6 12s and i'm trying to find good deals on it, but JL's are so expensive, and i do not want to get anything less than the w6's. If it is not a fraud i may get the best deals on car audio.
Old 26th June 2004, 09:37 AM   #2
maxw is offline maxw  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

it looks like a scam and if you click the subscribe button you get from paypal "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."
Old 26th June 2004, 07:11 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Then were can I find JL audio products for cheap? I wanted to get three w6 and a 1000w amp. I have a limit of $500, should I go with rockford and get 2 punch hx2 and a 1000w class bd amp? I also don't feel like building an enclosure for the subs thats why I wanted the three w6's.
Old 26th June 2004, 07:14 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to xplod1236
www.ebay.com is always a good place to look.
Old 26th June 2004, 07:53 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Ok forget about the car audio club, I am just going to get a 1000w Rockford class BD amp and first start out with one polk audio 500w rms 4 ohm sub w/enclosure and later on get another polk sub connect it in parallel and then get a good 1000w. Think thats good? Look at www.sounddomain.com about those polk audio subs and www.thezeb.com about the rockford amp.
Old 27th June 2004, 12:01 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'm going to do a price match at www.thezeb.com to get a lot cheaper price. And if I can find the polks preloaded cheaper somewhere else I'll do a pricematch at www.sounddomain.com. I wanted to get a pheonix gold amp or an Apline amplifier but with the Rockford amp I could just go to bestbuy if I blow it and say I bought it there, then get instore credit and get a new amplier or I could fix. Thats why I like Bestbuy, the people their aren't always to bright. Every time I blow and amplifier I just say something like "The metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistors (mosfets) seem to be drawing too much amperage, soo can I trade it in for instore credit?" Telling ya its works everytime, Just say it really fast and try not to laugh. You don't even need a receipt. The reason I know this my cousin used to work at Bestbuy few months back and he says that they really don't care especially on fridays. Anyways that just a little advice that may be helpful if you need a new amp and don't have time to order transistors. some reason the circuit city near us are little harder to manipulate.
Old 27th June 2004, 01:56 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to bhg41088 Send a message via MSN to bhg41088 Send a message via Yahoo to bhg41088
OT" hey maxw, whats that 1700 t-bred getting on pcmark 02?
Old 27th June 2004, 03:28 AM   #8
maxw is offline maxw  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bhg41088
OT" hey maxw, whats that 1700 t-bred getting on pcmark 02?
Dont know. Never really bothered with benchmarks. It runs notepad like theres no tomorrow though

/back on topic

Hide this!Advertise here!