Need help on car SMPS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DFI,

It is not possible to tell if the SMPS is going to work or not by just checking the schematic, the PCB layout is quite critical too. So, I guess the only way to tell if this is going to work is to build the circuit and test it!

If you want to check the basic circuit (i.e. switching characteristics, loop stability) , I can recommend you to use Spice for circuit analysis( like LTspice, make a search on google).

Regards,

Emre

DFI :
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

man u are crazy :) :) :) :)
u are using 10 pairs of irf1405 ??? those are rated at 169A each :) :) :)
3 pairs will be enough for 500W smps
u cant just add million paralelled transistors to get more power , u gotta use 2 or more transformers if u really want to make a 2000KW + amp , is this what u are trying to do ???:D

plus :
i didnt check all the schematic but u allready got a serious problem !!
this is not the right way to connect the base transistors to the power mosfets !!!
R10 to R18 should be connected to the emmiters of Q9 and Q10 and not to each other !!
and Q9, Q10 , Q31 , Q32 should have emmiter resistors .

i guess there are more things wrong with this schematic , u better look at other circuits to see how its done

cheers

:D

thanks sss for the reply. can you draw a little schematic on how to connect those resistors pls so I can understand better? I would appreciate your help.

Tensop, I am planning on using two toroids R 80/40/15 which you can find at http://www.kaschke.de/english/framesets/frame_ringkerne.html

SkinnyBo, that is not the problem. Maybe where you live the assembled amplifiers are much cheaper, but here in Romania they are very expensive. For example, a 300W RMS amp is no less than $200, and the parts here cost me about $300 and I get to have a much more powerful amp than I can buy with those money.

oops

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 171
SkinnyBoy said:
$300? for all those mosfets, and then the output devices for the amp, the heatsinks, and... thats about it for expensive parts.....

It'd cost me $150 just for the output devices alone.. :p

No, not just the MOSFETs for all the pieces that I need to build the entire amplifier. I already got the pieces, and next week I get the toroids. By the way, I got 4 toroids in that price. The only thing that I still need is the heatsink.

sss, thanks. I understand now what you mean.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.