Subwoofer pops when I turn on/off from deck

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you disconnect the RCA's to the sub amp do you still get the pop when turning the radio Off/On.
If you have another amp (for front speakers), try disconnecting that and see if the pop goes away.

Although the fact that it does it when switching to radio and changing stations leads me to believe it is the HeadUnit.

I have the same problem but all I did was switch out my amp for another one then out my original back in now it pops when I turn my truck on/off or Chang radio stations

sry to revive this but im having the same issue, everything was working great until i switched my 4ch amplifier and completly forgot to disconnect the power line from the battery and i think i messed up something...

now my 4ch amplifiers make really weird noise and the really weird part is that my sub mute option doesnt working anymore ONLY WHEN RCAs ARE CONNECTED TO THE 4CH AMP... my REAR channel's xover gets applied to the SUBWOOFER amp instead of the REAR channel... so i disconnected the amp. and my sub amp pops when i turn off the car....

disconnecting the rca from the subwoofer amplifier made the pop go away ..

i havent trying running the 4ch amp without RCAs to see if its fine...

did i blew/shorted the RCAs or something in the headunit??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.