Noise on speakers - RCA not connected to amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2004, 12:12 AM   #11
clayton is offline clayton  United States
diyAudio Member

In one of your post, you stated that when you disconnect the rca jacks from the head unit, the noise is there. How about when you disconnect them from the amp?
Old 8th June 2004, 12:50 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Jean:
I really wouldn't call it a "hiss' but it is noticeable. It is not a faint sound that can be ignored. In addition to that, the speakers pop when I turn the volume off and on.

So far I have yet to begin discussing the issues when the engine is on. So yes... so far the sound is there when the engine is off. It is also there when the engine is on. But recall, the RCA's are not plugged in. When I plug the RCA's in with the engine running I not only hear the above talked about sound sound, but engine whine on my speakers. I would like to point out that all wires; power, ground and signal are separated from each other.
Old 8th June 2004, 01:09 PM   #13
pape is offline pape  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by feelinhipp
Pape:

I have the USG4080 by US Acoustics. The gains are currently set at 50 percent but I hear the "hiss" at all levels except when gain is set to 0. At this level the "hiss" is not heard.
I recall reading about a few US have a static on start up but this seems to be a different problem. Have you tried hooking a speaker up right near the amplifier. This way you can rule out speaker wiring.

What gauge wire are you running to the amp?
Did you clean the paint off of where you made the ground?
Old 8th June 2004, 05:32 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I have not yet tried to hook a speaker up right near the amplifier; I will give that a try!

I have 8-gauge power and ground to my four-channel amp. Power is coming from a distributor that has 4 gauge running from the battery to the block.

The area where the ground is located is as clean as can be =) Thanks for your help, any more advice would be appreciated.

Hide this!Advertise here!