Broken SoundLab CPA 100 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

i got hold off a broken SoundLab CPA 100 amp, screwed it open, only to see 1 resistance to be burned out.
(which was what i expected, the morron used water while working on it)

Now, the easy part would be to solder out the broken resistance (so i did), and then to replace it (which i cant).

Problem is, i can only see the 2 outer color rings, and NOT the middle 2 .. so i dont know what value i need.

What i do know: the resistance was green, its name on the board was L2, 1 outer circle is silver (so 10% more or less ..), the other outer side was brown (so 1).

Is anyone here in hold off this amp, and can tell me what the color rings are ?
Or does anyone know where to find the layout off the print including how to make it ? (and thus telling me L2 = ??Ohm)

Greetings,

Alwin van ombergen

I supose it would, yes.

Funny part is that it really really really looks like a resistor, but not a normal one, but one made by rolling up tread.

Not sure what the english name on that one is though, english is not my native.

Would anyone happen to have one and is willing to take out the 4 screws for me ?

greetings!

Alwin

Oke, did my research on this one,

Youre right, i CAN be an inductor.

with the 2 rings i can still see (silver and brown on the other side) and this webpage:

http://www.elexp.com/t_induct.htm

i can tell its a 10% tolerance inductor, i also know the first number is 1.
With the 2 rings missing it can be anything from 10 to 190.000µF

Not, it is as small as a resistance, so i guess its a small one (say under a thousant ?) but then again, it can still be a lot.

What if i would just try say 150, what would be the odds it works, and what the odds i break it ?

As said, it was a free amp, because this part was broken, so i am willing to just try something, but like to do it knowing what i am doing :)

Thanx people!

Alwin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.