Loudest quality Mid-Tweeter combo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for the best midrange, ex: (6x9"), front speaker, ex: (4x5"), and tweeter, ex: (2") amp and head unit possible for around $4-600 (as low as possible:xeye: ) I am looking to get 2-4 mids., 2-4 fronts, and 2 tweeters. The amp. needs to be a 6-channel, with 80-125w to each channel, and a head unit that plays mp3s would be really nice as well. :D Can anyone tell me what would be the best possible all-brand, or mixed-speaker system for this?

Thanks for your input,
-Mike

That's a pretty low budget for all that stuff. You're looking at entry-level (low end) for most of it...

Head Unit - Kenwood KDC-MP522, $149 (eBay)
6X9 speakers - Infinity Reference 6953i - $49 pr (eBay)
or Pioneer TS-A6963 (about the same)
4X6 speakers - also about $49 / pr, same brands

You can get cheaper, but it's hard to beat these two for quality vs price.

6 Channel amps (from a thread in another forum):
All of them are well over $300.

a/d/s/ PH30.2_____________(75 watts x 6)
a/d/s/ P650.2_____________(50 watts x 6)
Audiobahn A6601T__________(75 watts x 6)
Audison VRx6.420__________(65 watts x 4 + 85 watts x 2)
Cadence A6________________(75 watts x 6)
Cadence Z6000_____________(75 watts x 6)
JL AUDIO e6450____________(45 watts x 6)
Phoenix Gold XS 6600______(50 watts x 4 + 75 watts x 2)
Poweramper Class A QA200x_(30 watts x 6)
Swiss Audio SMX6600_______(100 watts x 6)
TRU Technology T 6.500 v2_(75 watts x 4 + 100 watts x 2)
Viper Audio 550.6_________(50 watts x 4 + 75 watts x 2)
ZAPCO REF 659_____________(50x6)

I'm not familiar with tweeters as a separate item, so I won't make any recommendations.

Thanks for the help dave, As it is right now, I'm a little short on cash, so I really can't spend more than 2-Gs on my whole system, and I plan to spend $750-1250 for my sub. system, but if I actually got something for under $1000(for the subs.) , I could go at least $1000-1250 on my mid-range "system" , I just expected the bass to be far more expensive than the mid-range, since I've seen some really "cheap" stuff from quality companies for around $575 for the whole mid-/-high...Ah, well, It'll have to do for now...:bawling:

You might want to alter your plan then, if you're looking to do the system right.

A good HU is a must. Mid-line units run $250 or so with good features.

Front speakers are most important for sound stage, midbass, imaging, and overall system quality. Rather than buying low end coaxials, it'd be worth your while to do components.

You don't need to amp rear speakers at all... most people run them off the rear channels of the HU. That reduces your amp needs to much more reasonably priced 3 or 4 channel units (for fronts and subs).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.