noise in right speaker when engine on

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, maybe someone can help me out. I have a 97 Nissan Pathfinder and i have been getting this fuzzy noise coming out from only my right speaker. i have teseted it, and it seems to be that entire conneciton. the problem is is that the noise does not come when i have it in "accessory" mode....only when the engine is running. I though it might be a loose ground wire, but i tried testing that and i couldn't fix it. I was also thinking of wiring a capacitor somewhere on that ground and voltage....any ideas?

Hi!

Let me try to help.

First answer this:
- Head Unit right into the speaker or using an amplifier;
- Speaker wired in single-end or bridge;
- If using an amplifier, where did you connect the ground;
- If using an amplifier, where the audio cables are passing.

After that, I'll post something to help you.

Regards

Pedro Martins

Something like this:

Attachments

• headunit.gif
    headunit.gif
    2 KB · Views: 139
I also have a nissan pathfinder (known as terrano over here)

and I have installed a 440 watt system in it without any probs.

it is weird that you have noise only in one speaker. the filter might not help since if it is from the power wire, then there should be noise in both speakers. a possibility could be that the speaker wire was clamped and is contacting/shorting to ground.

is it an aftermarket stereo or the factory system?

hey...yea.it is the factory clarion speakers....i actually tried hooking that diagram up but it blew out my fuse. i also tried putting a capacitor for just the speaker line, but that didn't work.. i ended up taking out the speaker of my panel, and hooking up a new wire to it...that seemed to work, so i guess the problem is in the wiring somewhere..its probably running by some big electrtical component which is causing the noise. thanks for your help!

"speaker wire was clamped and is contacting/shorting to ground."

there is still normal sound coming through the front right speaker, but there is also an additonal fuzzy noise......so i don't think that the wire is grounded otherwise there wouldn't be any sound coming through...

also,

the speaker only produces this noise when the engine is on. in accessory mode, the speaker acts normal.

must be the 12vdc engine line

Answer: Only when engine is running, but not in ACC mode:
Because, the cables that come from the distribuitor to the sparks (high something cables) internaly have a resistance measured in Ohms. Check and see if these cables are well connected (clean terminals). Make sure you didn't buy cheap cables.
Check order of connection before disconnecting.

If problem is not solved, check for speaker cables that come from the radio not to be broken and making contact with ground.
Get a long enough cable, connect to radio and to speaker( make sure to diconnect old one (just to try)

Also check that speaker terminals are not grounded when screwed.

This will solve it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.