US bought car audio FM not working in India - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th April 2004, 08:55 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default US bought car audio FM not working in India

Hi,
I had bought a sony car audio systsm cdx-mp40, the problem is that the system is not able to catch india FM frequencies which are even like 91. By default it moves by .2 and stops only at odd frequencies like 91.1 or 90.9 and skips all even frequencies.
Is there a solution to it.

TIA
Old 19th May 2004, 10:27 AM   #2
gjo is offline gjo  India
diyAudio Member

Hi

I too have the same problem with my Kenwood unit which I bought in the US last year, so I cant tune in to Radio City. If you find a solution for it please let me know too.

Thanks

George
Old 19th May 2004, 10:45 AM   #3
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Isnt it a matter of the RDS?? Ive seen RDS over ruling the manual search before.

Magura
Old 19th May 2004, 11:24 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

I thought it was that the USA used a different channel spacing from Europe (and India as well I guess), so that the synthesiser tunes to the wrong frequencies.

Perhaps there is some internal switch to set the oscillator channel spacing?
Old 19th May 2004, 11:30 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Perhaps there is some internal switch to set the oscillator channel spacing?
Or solder bridges or whatever. Chances are big that they only build one basic model that is esily adopted for different countries. It may also be some firmware in a microcontroller, that feeds the synthesizer chip with frequency info (which is usually done via a serial interface nowadays).

Have you got a schematic of this car radio ?

Regards

Charles
Old 19th May 2004, 11:55 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

This used to be a problem in the UK with the radios in grey-imported Japanese cars and there was an inexpensive plug-in adaptor available that provided the necessary frequency shift.

Might have to search the internet for this although I agree it's likely that in most cases there is a 'hidden' option on the radios.
Old 19th May 2004, 04:29 PM   #7
gjo is offline gjo  India
diyAudio Member

I guess youre right-they must build asingle model. I just got asimple manual, not detailed schematics. However let em check on the web if there is any Kenwood site that gives this info.

George
Old 20th May 2004, 05:55 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

go to www.melting-pot.com They have what you want.

Hide this!Advertise here!