DAB issues, please help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have an issue with the dab not having a very good signal in my car, constant drop outs even on BBC radio 1 and other station are unlistenable.

Ariels I have purchased.

Window screen Ariel
Caleareo Ariel roof fitted from dabonwheels
Mag mount Ariel
New test was a eightwood dab car Ariel (roof fitted)

Things I have tried.

Resetting the unit, turning on phantom power, connecting the live from the Ariels to ingnition live,unplugging the fm part of the Ariel just leaving the dab wired.

Current system..

Hu: pioneer avh-x5700dab
Fronts: hertz miller pro components
Amps: rainbow I paul 4 channel bridged for fronts and Jl audio 1000w mono block
Subwoofer: jlaudio 2 x 12” boxed

Car: Toyota Corolla t3 2003 hatchback

Please,please help if possible as it’s doing my nut in ;)

Window screen aerials and mag mounts are unlikely to give good DAB reception.

The gain of the amplified Eightwood aerial should be adequate, but will depend on the position of the aerial on the roof.

The metal roof acts as the ground plane for the aerial, so I wonder if you have actually fitted the roof aerial permanently to the roof yet, with the brass fixing nut contacting bare metal.

Hi,

Cheers for the replies,,

The ariel has been fixed to the roof in the existing hole and i sanded down the underneath to bare metal.

The amps are mounted in the boot so good distance from the hu.

I am using good quality cables throughout the car so dont think they would be an ussue.

I have wired the red 12v power to the ingition on power wire on the hu and tried the cigarette lighter live and both give over 12v on a multimeter but aparently this wire is only to improve the fm....

Just wish i could listen to dab instead of gurgling constantly.

Fyi , a friend of mine has dab as standard in his peugeot van and that didnt loose signal once.

The red wire provides power for the RF amplifier within the aerial housing, and will be necessary for both DAB and FM reception.

If you are sure that positive battery voltage is available to that red wire, regardless of whether the ignition is switched on or off, then I am currently flummoxed!

Hi,

No I tried his in my car to hopefully rule out a possible fault with my hu. Only prob where I live that the signal seems to drop when driving rather than stationary... Im gonna try re routing the 12v live to elsewhere even though on tests the current wire was giving a 12v feed and see if this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.