Help, my kid wants advice to upgrade stock Tahoe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You should have taken the time to read through the forum before posting. You would have seen that it's one of the VERY few where there is absolutely no disrespect.
I am sorry if you feel that I disrespected you. I mearly disagreed with your logic and example to try and explain it. Automotive head units put out 14 watts rms per channel, I understand that, don’t understand why tho? 14 clean watts is plenty power to drive the usual high efficiency speakers >90db sensitivity, to pretty high volume levels. So why are all head units so much the same with power? I would think because of limitations with 12volt power supply?
How do you amp a stock head unit without line level outputs? Need an amp with speaker level inputs I guess? I don’t know, over thinking it I guess. Today he is bringing the Tahoe and I will see what’s there. And go from there. Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.