Sony xm-2252 mosfet replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi every one, i have this amp, unfortunately the n fets fs70smj got damaged, looking for a replacement i bougth from aliexpress the same fet, but when the fet arrived i tested and detected that the seller sended me IGBT not mosfet(fake), i tried intalling irfp150 that i have in stock and is working great, i run the amp for about 20 min tryng to abuse of it a little i conected a 4 ohm dvc subwoofer, i measured the temp with a láser gun and Was about 47-48 Celsius (worked Good) even 1 dregree cooler than te original mitsubishi p channel fx50smj-2 mosfet,i díd not tried mono config @4 omhs,becaus i,m concerned about the current, the original fq70smj is 70 A capable and the IRFP150 is only 40 amperes, so im thinkhing in add two irfp150 in parallel per channel (4 mosfets in total)only to achieve the current capacity of the original mitsubishi mosfet, so i can test the amp in mono config, but the other question is wil the drivers circuit be capable of suport the capacitance added to the system?? If the last question is afirmative do you recommend installing separate Rgates per mosfet or the same Rgate for two mosfets paralleled.

What do you think??
Any help and recomendations Will be apreciated.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.