Autotek XS-1500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I received this amp and the owner wanted new capacitors but I noticed rfp70n06s and fqp65n06s installed on the bottom in the audio section and wanted to know if this was stock or not. I've never seen 2 different n-channel fets in the audio section of an amp yet.

Attachments

• FQP65N06-1009554.pdf
    784.6 KB · Views: 27
  • RFP70N06-D.pdf
    696.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180722_075434.jpg
    20180722_075434.jpg
    912.8 KB · Views: 75
Does this drive signal look ok? I am not understanding. Taken from QP15 in the power section (Irf064N). Amp works fine under stress test after replacing audio section with irf3710pbf and owner wanted new large capacitors.

Attachments

• 20180803_181816.jpg
    20180803_181816.jpg
    763.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I will let you know tomorrow. Passed my loadtest though for hour and a half but I have suspicions about the power section getting hot. The heatsink was definitely warmer in the power section fets than the audio section fets but that doesn't really tell me anything other than the fets are clamped down well.

On another note... My scope definitely needs some restoration I have the service manual but I don't want to tear it apart until I get a backup scope for troubleshooting. The trace fades from time to time and the amplitude is definitely off. Makes troubleshooting a lot harder. I have to adjust the trace rotation all the time and the positioning... it gets annoying. I will not part with it though I love it too much. My first one.

Thanks for the great resource I will definitely be prodding around for information.

Before you do anything to the scope, ask on that group. They may be able to lead you directly to the problem. It's easy to ruin various calibrations. I use an identical scope and have been for about 10 years. I have far more advanced scopes but this one is the one I choose to use.

Is the other channel any better?

Do you have any speakers or other magnets near the scope? That will affect the rotation.

I will take you're advice and post in the forum tomorrow. Its such an expensive piece of equipment that I don't really understand yet to even take a chance at troubleshooting without talking to someone who understands it. Just browsing over there is making my head spin, I have a bunch of reading to do. I really appreciate that link though extremely high hopes now, I didn't really have a starting point.

1. Come to think of it, I haven't really tried the other channel yet. I can do it tomorrow in the shop. For some reason in my mind I just assumed it wouldn't make a difference if the first one was bad, that one would be too.

2. The closest thing I have to the scope is 2 computer monitors and 2 WESD51
analog soldering stations,.... I just realized i use a magnetic parts dish on the bench and it usually sits right in front of it when not in use.\. Ill have to move that tomorrow, that's probably it. WOW.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.