Hifonics brz1700.1d straight to protection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a hifonics that goes straight into protection. Immeadatlt after applying b+. No shorted outputs nor power supply fets. Drivers check ok in the power supply. I pulled the rectifiers and it Powers up now. Something in the output section. Is definitly causing the issue. A voltage regulator?

One of the small transistors on the output driver board doesn't check on diode test. Doesn't conduct across the two contacts. 1D Q6

Attachments

• 15321141160837886113011257750350.jpg
    15321141160837886113011257750350.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 168
I always replace the audio drivers in this amp regardless of how they test. Many times it solved my issue. I know they run hot from previous posts. Post the part number your trying to purchase.

Usually the difference in part number is just how they are packaged but if there are variations you can check the datasheet provided for the part listed. Some are cut tape, some come on a real, etc. Sometimes they even have a different pin assignment.

Check here. Hifonics BRZ1700.1D No Output

Last edited:
Check the voltage regulators, check the green inductors near them as well they should read close to 5ohms.

I have had a few amps that those inductors read fine on the multimeter but the leg was broken off inside the casing so the connection must have been intermittent.

I know ive had one or 2 that needed tl072c on the driver board. I think the top one runs hot. Its been a while since i seen this board.

Check the bank of transistors in front of the audio driver board as well. I did have one shorted at one point. Might have been my fault but it did solve my protection issue.

Make sure your voltages are getting to the driver board and you don't have any pulled vias.

Last edited:
No pulled vias, before I changed the driver chips on the board it powered up OK without the output transistors. All my regulator voltages were good. I to have seen those small green inductors fail. I'll check the tl072. All the transistors in front of the board check OK in curcuit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.