Budget Subwoofer Setup?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hopefully this is a good place to ask this question. Sorry if I'm mistaken! This is my first post/time being here.

I have a 2015 Corolla and the sound is terrible. I love bass and it has none, lol. I've decided I want to start off with some subs of course.

I don't have much knowledge on the topic, so sorry about that.

I have roughly $500, give or take. Can any recommend a setup that includes everything I'll need? I was looking into dual Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12's, but I couldn't put together a setup that'd stay into my budget.

My second option I put together was a pair of cheaper subs, these MTX's on Amazon: Amazon.com: MTX Audio Terminator Series TNE212D 1,200-Watt Dual 12-Inch Sub Enclosure: Car Electronics
paired with this sub: Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier: Car Electronics
but I've looked up videos of similar setups, and the MTX's just don't seem very loud.

Sorry for the long thread, I really appreciate any help you guys can throw at me. Sorry for my first post being one asking for so much as well.

tl;dr: $500~ sub setup for a 2015 corolla?

videos of sub setups, especially in cars, leave a lot to be desired. you cant really get any idea of what is going on unless you see hair tricks etc as most of that junk is just through a phone.
that being said, the world really is your oyster. it really depends on what you are looking for, a moderate setup that just suppliments the factory system or an all out rattle box.

a single alpine swr or a pair of type s 12"ers with 1000 watt monoblock of your choice would do it. would likely save a few bucks for a cap and wiring kit as well.

a good budget supplement system could be a pair of the alpine w series 12s and a 500 watt monoblock. plenty left over for custom boxes and maybe even some dynamat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.