Rockford Fosgate P300-1 Hum noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my 1'st post, and 1'st amp to attempt repair. I have a Rockford Fosgate P300-1 with a hum, no music coming through that slowly increases in frequency from around 400hz. This occurs with or without the RCA's attached. It turns on, and there are no fault indicators, and the board looks perfect. Any idea what might cause this? I read that someone else had to replace caps, but the 3300uF 50V caps tested OK.
Any assistance is much appreciated.

Last edited:
yes I have tried adjusting all switches and all connections and it performs the same no matter what. I was able to hook the amp up to a sub that i can see when I turn it on the sub goes all the way One Direction and stays there while the humming noise continues. I tried reversing the polarity on the speaker wires and confirm the sub goes all the way the opposite direction and stays there while having the humming sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.