Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

baseline response curve nissan leaf, GRS-6PR, Dayton  ND16FA-6
baseline response curve nissan leaf, GRS-6PR, Dayton  ND16FA-6
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2018, 12:30 AM   #1
Jared is offline Jared
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Jared
Default baseline response curve nissan leaf, GRS-6PR, Dayton ND16FA-6

This is the baseline or my nissan leaf, aka the appliance car. Since it is a commute car, this means I spend enough time sitting in it that I would like it to not sound terrible. Currently, I could hear the missing midrange terribly. I put the ND16FA-6 in the oem location with a passive crossover. The GRS PR6.6 woofer are in the 4 doors in oem locations, with the owem plastic speaker baskets cut up for the terminals, and some MDF rings to mount to. Stock headunit with unknown response. I just used REW on my macbook with a 3.5 to 3.5mm stero cable into the line out, and the imm6 mic on a 1"x3/4" foam insulation board sticking out from headrest about 5 inches to be about where my head is. This is right channel only, so both front and rear doors equal fade setting, and the tweeter in the front A pillar beaming right at my face.

Next step is to add an old earthquake magma 12" sub off of a Hifonica Atlantis 600x1 amplifier. I need to keep OEM headunit, so I got some line level converters, and will try to run a Hifonics Taurus 50x4 for the doors / tweeters. Hopefully high passing the GRS allow me to run a bit more gain on them in order to match the tweeter level a bit, otherwise I need to pull off A pillar to add a padding resistor!
Attached Images
File Type: png car baseline.png (44.5 KB, 22 views)

baseline response curve nissan leaf, GRS-6PR, Dayton  ND16FA-6Hide this!Advertise here!