baseline response curve nissan leaf, GRS-6PR, Dayton ND16FA-6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is the baseline or my nissan leaf, aka the appliance car. Since it is a commute car, this means I spend enough time sitting in it that I would like it to not sound terrible. Currently, I could hear the missing midrange terribly. I put the ND16FA-6 in the oem location with a passive crossover. The GRS PR6.6 woofer are in the 4 doors in oem locations, with the owem plastic speaker baskets cut up for the terminals, and some MDF rings to mount to. Stock headunit with unknown response. I just used REW on my macbook with a 3.5 to 3.5mm stero cable into the line out, and the imm6 mic on a 1"x3/4" foam insulation board sticking out from headrest about 5 inches to be about where my head is. This is right channel only, so both front and rear doors equal fade setting, and the tweeter in the front A pillar beaming right at my face.

Next step is to add an old earthquake magma 12" sub off of a Hifonica Atlantis 600x1 amplifier. I need to keep OEM headunit, so I got some line level converters, and will try to run a Hifonics Taurus 50x4 for the doors / tweeters. Hopefully high passing the GRS allow me to run a bit more gain on them in order to match the tweeter level a bit, otherwise I need to pull off A pillar to add a padding resistor!

Attachments

• car baseline.png
    car baseline.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 45
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.