13 cm loudspeakers in front doors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you recommend 13 cm speakers to replace the original ones I have in my Renault.
Those I have are real junk rattling at any listening level.

I am only looking for decent speakers, nothing fancy. They are located in the front doors and there is no woofer, so I do not expect hi fi quality nor high power.

I have spotted "Focal 50W rms" any good ? Or can you point at good stuff to me ?

you could use some Pioneer 5.25" or Kenwood 5.25" speakers shallow basket for clearance of when the window glass channels up or down in the door.
Those speaker has universal mounting with holes that fits 5" to 6" along with wires in the kit and mounting screws with treaded speed clamps for mounting, also it would be very practical if you could uninstall your speakers and match them up for an exact fit.
I would go with the Pioneer personally tho.

Go to a auto parts store. Norauto for example. They usually have catalogs with speakers that will fit in Your car. In my VW Golf (Rabbit in USA) I have fitted Focal speakers with separate crossovers and I love them connected to my Alpine head unit. I have also placed 10mm Foam between the door and the door cart in order to minimize vibrations. And Yes, factory speakers are usually crap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.