Sony CD Changer Protocol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a Nakamichi CD500 that I am trying to interface with an iphone via bluetooth and control via the Nakamichi CDC controls. There have been some other threads (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/car-audio/80520-news-nakamichi-lovers.html) where people have reverse engineered the CDC protocol used by Sony, Nakamichi, etc..

Ideally I would like to decode the commands coming from the 13pin CDC cable port with an AVR microcontroller and send those commands to by bluetooth interface. Is there documentation on the Sony CD Change protocol anywhere? Thank you in advance.

I think its more people are trying to reuse the head units cd changer interface as a 'modern' input source.

Some of the old (japan) nak head units sound far better than the available current options.
If you've never heard a ta25 or tp1200, you have no idea just how bad other heads are.

In terms of user friendliness their way ahead of the all singing and dancing psychedelic rubbish that require 5+ key presses to simply adjust tone or fader.

Oh yes, I long for the old days of yore.
A single knob did one thing and it did it properly. :D

I'm not trying to discourage you and can't answer your question but I'm curious as to why people are still interested in CD changers. You can rip the CD files to wav format without any loss in quality.

I think you miss read my post. I have a Nakamichi deck that is period correct for the car (and much better looking/sounding than most new decks. I made a bluetooth aux input for it and while it works fine I want to use the unused CD Changer controls to command the bluetooth over AVRCP protocol. In order to do this I want to translate the CD changer controls into AVRCP outputs. So it would be really helpful if someone could share the Sony CD Changer protocol so I could write interface with the Nakamichi deck to control the bluetooth adapter.

For clarification I am not using a CD Changer, I just want to re purpose that 13 pin port for a more modern bluetooth interface.

I think its more people are trying to reuse the head units cd changer interface as a 'modern' input source.

Some of the old (japan) nak head units sound far better than the available current options.
If you've never heard a ta25 or tp1200, you have no idea just how bad other heads are.

In terms of user friendliness their way ahead of the all singing and dancing psychedelic rubbish that require 5+ key presses to simply adjust tone or fader.

Oh yes, I long for the old days of yore.
A single knob did one thing and it did it properly. :D

Exactly what I am doing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.