Rockford t1500bdcp gets very hot even when the radio is off. Need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rockford t1500bdcp gets very hot even when radio is off. Rem wire not through radio

Hello. I am new to the forums. I k ow basic electronics and have repaired lcd tvs. Well only in regards to replacing caps. But I have some skills
Yesterday I traded for a rockford t1500bdcp amp. It's a class b d. When the guy hooked it up to show me it works he mad a arc off the positive and ground wire when the positive was pulled in. Amp still worked fine and hits hard, but I ran some errands in town today and just left the radio off. When I got home I was going to move there I had the amp and noticed it was hot. And I'm talking can't leave your hand on it for more than 5 seconds. The whole thing. Since its late I'm not going to open it up, but will post pics of the board tomorrow when I can get a chance. I'm curious has anyone heard of this happening? Or where I should even start to test? I imagine the fets need to be metered first? Also I read that havi g too big of a fuse could cause heating issues? Lol I have a 250 a fuse but rockford suggests a 200. My wiring is 1/0 and I have a rigged version for the tips. Maybe they are too thin. I put a terminal in the end and cut it down to fit the small 4 gauge Inputs. Maybe not enough contact area. Anyways I would love to hear from you all. And thank you in advance. The closest amp repair is about 2 hours away. And I have always wanted to get a better grasp on electronic repair.

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to mention that I have the remote wire hooked up external form the radio remote. That way when I have my daughter in the car I can flip the switch to turn it off.

No battery drain overnight. It is showing off when the car is off or when the remote switch is switched off.

It k ly takes about 5 mi a for this thi g to get hot. I started to clamp test it but ran out of time. Il. Do u Le. Check all. My wiring but I had another system running off the same wiring and it functioned as it should.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.