Crunch PD 1000 3 channel mode problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone
I have this crunch pd 1000 amp and when in 3 channel mode sound output thru the door speakers seems to be in mono.No change in volume when balance on head unit is turned all the way to left or right. When amp is switched to 2 channel mode, balance control works fine...when all the way to the left no sound from right speaker and when all the way to the right no sound from left speaker. Tried 2 different head units, a Sony CDX M501P and a Sony CDX M8800…same thing happens.
I have it wired 4 channel mixed mono. Crossover mode switch for channels 1&2 is on HPF and on channels 3&4 its on LPF. Front low level L and R outputs from head unit going to channels 1&2, sub outputs from head unit going to channels 3&4. Channels 1&2 output to left and right door speakers. Channels 3&4 output bridged with L channel positive output to positive terminal of sub and negative terminal of sub going to R channel negative output...just like in the diagram.
So is my amp toast? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 4 chan.jpeg
    4 chan.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 55
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.