Rockford Fosgate Punch 75HD and 150HD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rockford Fosgate Punch 75HD and 150HD - parts needed

Decided to refurbish some classics. They power on and that's all I know. There are a series of allen head screws that hold the lower panel onto the heatsink. Does anybody know where to order or what size those are?

Also I noticed one of the RCA inputs is a little lose. There are three small soldered connections to the board, the middle one has broken on once side but the outer two connections are still good. Hopefully it doesn't effect anything.

Attachments

• 2ABF568F-2D17-473C-B986-40C6CCB063F3.jpeg
    2ABF568F-2D17-473C-B986-40C6CCB063F3.jpeg
    962.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
The cover screws should be 4-40, 1/2" long. with a 3/32" hex head.

The center of the RCA is the signal conductor. It has to be repaired.

I'd be ore concerned with the condition of the preamp board than anything else.

I confirmed today that both amps power up and produce sound. However they RCA inputs on both need to be jiggled to produce loud sound. So new RCA inputs or repair them somehow.

Thank you again Perry!!

Use them until the boards fail. After that, decide whether they're worth repairing. Just don't put them in storage and expect these boards to be working condition in a few years.

Risky but...
Cleanng the surface with alcohol and a cotton swab may help get some of the electrolyte off. Then coating with a decent contact cleaner may help protect. It could also wipe away some of the traces and/or components.

The electrolytic caps are the problem but it may not be possible to replace them without damaging the board.

I've never tried it but removing them and soldering electrolytic caps to the header pins that connect the capacitor's solder pads (if there are any) could work. Again, risky.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.