Zapco Z250C4-SL Power supply damaged

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
i received a Zapco with damaged Power Supply. Four IRFZ46E are blown. No possible to get any info about this parts, even replacement. Manufacturer has also no sheets anymore.
The Square wave is good. Tried with IRFZ46N, directly blown. Tried only one, again broken. Removed the rectifier, again broken. If i leave disconnected the drain, all is ok.
Checked all resistors and transistors, seems to be ok. I have tried many times to contact Zapco and there resellers, but no answer at all.
I removed U9 (HCF4093) and at the same time a blow away a resistor(R129), which is in line with another resistor (R130). Now i dont know the value of that.
Maybe someone can assist with the Value of R129, and what i can check more from the power supply.

Attachments

• Zapco 1.jpg
    Zapco 1.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Zapco 2.jpg
    Zapco 2.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 56
Hello Perry,
thanks for the quick reply. The resistor i found back. Was sticking on a capacitor. The trafo has small black windings, but the windings are insulated, so i think there can nothing be happen? The pictures please.

Attachments

• Trafo 1.jpg
    Trafo 1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 47
  • Trafo2.jpg
    Trafo2.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 53
Ok, here are the waveforms.
1.st Gate
2nd Drain

The Picture with higher voltage ist measured at sec. side trafo between the red marks. The other connections on the trafo have only half voltage.

Attachments

• Gate.jpg
    Gate.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Drain.jpg
    Drain.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 18
  • puls1.jpg
    puls1.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 24
  • puls2.jpg
    puls2.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.