Upgrade car amp rectifiers 16amp to a 25amp phonix gold

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im not sure but it looks like they got a bit hot and it has to many outputs 24 in total they are SK A1303 & SK C3284 I have a amp similar and has they same layout with same transistors and it has two sets of the same rectifiers not one set but two and it has 24 of the outputs as well the other one is mb quart Q150.4

I don't have a known good sub. When you look for a rectifier, the forward voltage drop and reverse recovery time both determine heating. I'd start looking for the common anode version first. The common anode is likely to have a common cathode version but the common cathode doesn't always have a common anode counterpart. You didn't mention rail voltage but the lower voltage rectifiers often have better specs so bear that in mind.

Someone on the phoenixphorum may have suggestions for a sub or know if it's wort the effort (if none have every failed...).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.