Precision Power PCX-2125 VBE multiplier question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend gave me this amp, it had a blown output transistor but the power supply survived. Removed the offending transistor and it fired right up, naturally I’ll be replacing the entire output stage for the sake of reliability.

Also noticed a pair of glass components on the underside of the board between the output devices were smashed, they look like they have something to do with temperature stalibilzation of the bias network. Anyone know if these are diodes or thermistors, and what part number replaces them?

Any idea what resistance they are? NTC is assume? They were both smashed, so I couldn’t take any sort of readings to order a replacement. And yes, the regulators get crazy hot in a hurry. I can only test for a couple seconds at a time outside the chassis, which is annoying. Those two parts are all it needs, then I can reassemble and put it in my car.

Last edited:
Per your recollection, are the thermal shutdown sensing ones the same value usually? Those are still in one piece, I guess I could test those. I didn’t do it yet, because I had no reason to assume they would be identical and I didn’t want to order the wrong part or fry the new outputs.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.