Lanzar Opti 2000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What would have caused the output cap (polarized) 80v 2200uf (other than over voltage) to explode on the Lanzar Opti 2000D?
Haven’t checked it thoroughly yet but from the in-chassis view the output inductors looks fine.

Attachments

• 60501826-FB60-48EB-93EB-07F24A5B72AF.jpg
    60501826-FB60-48EB-93EB-07F24A5B72AF.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 87
There are 3 positive and 3 negative rail caps. Typically, all 3 negative caps are near the transformer. For the positive rail, 2 are in that area and the other is in the blown location.

If only that one failed, it may have simply failed due to age. I'm assuming that the vias are intact for the ones you replaced so the blown one wasn't pulling the entire load.

I'd suggest that you carefully look for broken solder connections on the large transistors on the driver board.

I’ll replace the blown cap and checked the driver board tomorrow, will keep you posted. The caps I changed was over two months I don’t think I damage any vias during that process as I had checked for continuity on top layer and bottom layer of the rail circuit trace.
@nigelwright7557 I’ll remove the cap covering and inspect the output caps and test them also with my esr meter.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.