Amp refresh needed, for adcom gfa5450 and two PPIA600.2 amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'd like to recap the adcom with 105c quality capacitors and readjust bias if needed. Also have two A600.2 amps I'd like the same done with. They work fine but I've been trying to get the motivation to recap them all and don't want to risk damaging them. I've already replaced all capacitors except the 12v filter caps, in one A600.2 with some high quality versions. I gave up on that one after getting some of the 12v caps out and realizing doing them all would be a royal pain. I haven't replaced any in the other PPI.

Both PPI amps have the original power supply and output transistors so far as I know. They don't look to have had any repairs done previously. One had the seal when I got it, but had to replace the rca jacks because of cracked center conductors.

The adcom has had the power supply fets replaced, it seems. It works fine but I'd like to upgrade the caps to prevent them damaging it. All three of my amps are fairly old and I don't want to risk them dying because of something that could have been replaced.

Please pm me if you know a professional shop that cuts no corners and actually knows how to adjust them correctly after repairs or being refreshed.

Thanks

I've done some online searching but it's pretty ambiguous to say the least. Tried finding a link to Shawn King but no luck there either. I'm wanting to replace all capacitors in the Adcom, and both PPI amps.

I replaced every capacitor except the 12v bank in one PPI with high quality brand 105c and didn't touch any in the other PPI. All three amps work and have been in my vehicle, just want to upgrade the caps to 105c versions that are new and start their service life over.

Bump

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.