Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alpine PDX M6 - 43VDC Output
Alpine PDX M6 - 43VDC Output
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2018, 01:45 PM   #11
Mbrogz3000 is offline Mbrogz3000  United States
diyAudio Member

The PDX and refurbed sub have been fine, but the 43VDC problem came back temporarily this morning - I think its influenced by minor cold temperature shock: 50 F weather yesterday, which rapidly swung to 25 F overnight and stayed there (I park outside), the truck and amp are cold soaked at 25 F. As soon as the amp turned on cold with no music signal, the sub pushed out. Shut off the radio, and I could hear the sub return to its rest. After 15 min of driving, and flipping the radio on and off, eventually the amp didn't saturate the output, and I was able to listen to the stereo at a reasonable 'morning' level.

The amp has an intermittent issue which will be very difficult to chase. I suppose I could stick the amp in the freezer (in a ziplock)) for overnight, then bench test it. Keep in mind that the board had no glaring or visual clues - it still looked new inside. Should I just swap out the output FETs as a starting point and see if the problem goes away?
Old 5th April 2018, 01:52 PM   #12
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

You can use component cooler or canned air (inverted to dispense liquid) to spot cool areas.
Old 5th April 2018, 02:37 PM   #13
Mbrogz3000 is offline Mbrogz3000  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks Perry - I will give some cold spot checking a shot once I get some time to pull it out again.

Alpine PDX M6 - 43VDC OutputHide this!Advertise here!