is my amp fixable???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I posted a while back about some jl audio 6" speakers I put in my wifes car..well i've been having an engine noise problem and I FINALLY narrowed it down to the amp itself. When I push on the rca inputs at a certain angle the noise stops so I'm thinking theres just a bad/broken solder where the rca's connect to the pcb..i just kinda want to get an affirmation of that before I go tearing into the amp and wasting any time :)...i get the usual whine when the car is on and sometimes pops and distortion from the flaky connection....any advice would be most helpful..the amp is about 70wrms x 2.

thanks!
dlv

If you want another gem of information, some older amps (esp kicker) use an undersize RCA that won't work properly with new RCA leads. The angle of the leads really affects whether this connects or not, i've cable tied the leads on an angle to get it to connect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.