output driver card-IR21844 issues...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i need to ask you friends....does anybody knows why every amplifier that uses
this driver circuit it is so easy to blown the outputs?
i mean that they blown up so easy even at normal load outputs...every one knows that Zenon chassis (ATOMIC,GROUND ZERO,CACTUS)have serious and several problems with a tones!of explosions output fets....is the problem of the heat of ir21844?or something else?is something wrong with the design?any ideas?thanks in advance...

Attachments

• driver card.jpg
    driver card.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 323
in my opinion, there is no serious problem in the topology of these types of circuit in class D.
Sometimes, many models use IRS21844 directly to drive output devices, without the aid of a buffer circuit (TOTEM POLE BJT DRIVERS); this could be one of the few problems, which has been solved over time.
Other times I've had faulty inductances that caused the output devices to die prematurely causing instability and overheating.
Most of the time, these types of amplifiers are literally abused by those who use them, also if you do not have enough current (amperes), any amp can easily explode.

"without the aid of a buffer circuit (TOTEM POLE BJT DRIVERS)"Please can you be more specific..!!!usually the drive is directly to the fets from the IRS21844 this is true...i havent noticed any other circuit between them...the zenon 7000.1 or the 4500.1 or either the 9000.1 uses the same design...even the CADENCE ZA12KW or the DRAGSTER DAF12KW...the GROUND ZERO GZPA 1.10K HCX...the same <recipe>...!!!!!

this is a full range class D amp (zenon board).

Here we have 4 BJT totem pole buffer driver between irs21844 and mosfets.
IRS21844 will suffer much less, because dirty work will make it the driver buffer.
The demonstration of what I am saying is that many times, zenon, to find a solution to the problem, has installed aluminum heat sinks directly on irs21844.

Attachments

• Y9UhrxA.jpg
    Y9UhrxA.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 252
So it uses two extra transistors in every irs output (high-low side or bank...more specific?right?can i have the shematic of this amp please.it would be great....or the amplifier model...???anyway thank you so much...by the way can i have your e-mail?

I'm sorry, but unfortunately I'm not in possession of the circuit diagram of this amplifier.
Some time ago, I happened to repair one, but I only used the experience to repair it.
The basic concept is really similar to the models without buffer drivers, with some special features for the power supplies and the voltage regulators of the driving circuits, nothing too difficult.
If you need a consultation, you can ask here, there are really competent people from all over the world.
However, if it were to serve: joetvanelliclub@gmail.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.