TDA8593J N6 car 4 channel radio amplifier Clarion Mazda 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My car radio has stopped producing any audio and the beeps from the dash controls has also stopped. Some of the function buttons for the radio also don't seem to work properly e.g. FM button and auto-tuning.

Before the radio stopped working, the audio was intermittent and would cut-out when the radio was working. Switching the car off for a few seconds and back on would sometimes restore the audio.

Now the audio is completely dead with just a very low pulsing sound when turning the digital volume knob.

I have taken the radio apart and noticed that the TDA8593J IC is very hot when the radio is turned on?

Could the fault be the IC? The heat transfer compound to the aluminium block had dried up.

Would a failure of the IC cause other functions on the radio to stop working via the I²C bus?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.