Plz don't laugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But I bought this 2 channel (3800 watt laugh) chinese made amplifier brand new for $22.95 (including shipping) from Bangkok. For nothing else but to learn on. The board is clearly labeled with component types/values/quantities. The traces are clearly marked and supper easy to follow from the top of the board also.

Unbelievable... The instructions that came with it are written in Chinese only (I don't read Chinese) but I hooked it up and it actually does work. Although it didn't like being bridged at 2 ohms at all. You can see I replaced the tiny guage jumper wires from the PS FET drains with lengths of 14g solid copper after the jumpers caught fire. It now can handle being bridged at 2 ohm but for how long is the question? I wouldn't think very long at all :)

This along with Perry's tutorial, which I plan on purchasing real soon - should at least get me started. If I blow something up, who cares it's only $22.95 lost.

Attachments

• IMG_20180119_150755364.jpg
    IMG_20180119_150755364.jpg
    505 KB · Views: 126
It does not appear to be horribly made, but I would say it is more likely to be 75-100W RMS, not 3800 even if it was struck by lightning and burst into a ball of crackling flames. At least it has a real PS and outputs. A lot of these cheap flea market grade amps are running off a split 12V supply with a chip amp IC-- basically the same thing in a HU, so pretty well pointless IMO to buy one as an external amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.