Phoenix Gold ZX475 TI

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1 of the C5248'S is a brownish color so it has been hot at 1 point

1 of the A1964'S is also a brownish color

and as far as the other 2 transistors A1308 and C3289 have been replaced at some point and it has a different package style so i'.m not sure if they fake or not.

They do not need to be insulated

The problem is with the right rear channel.

There is a 50 ohm resistor that keeps burning everytime the amp is powered up and it connects to the C5284 and the A1964

FJP5200/FJP1943 may work for for the drivers, they are actually the same as the outputs, but in a TO220 case. I have personally used the KSC2690A/KSA1220A as drivers in these amps, they are in TO-126 package though. and leads are backwards from the TO-220FP original parts. Just install them facing backwards and they are perfect.

KSA916Y/KSC2316Y should work as replacements for the 2389/1308. PG uses A LOT of flame proof resistors in the power amp. If all the transistors check out good, I would very carefully check all the resistors and diodes. Most diodes in PG amps are 1N4148 with very few exceptions.

Good Luck,
Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.