Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

3S-tech ZNCM_HP RE project
3S-tech ZNCM_HP RE project
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th December 2017, 02:52 PM   #1
jacampb2 is offline jacampb2  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 3S-tech ZNCM_HP RE project

Hi folks, I have started another project to RE one of the 3S-tech driver cards. Our fellow member NadaD was in need of a replacement board, and I am currently mostly couch bound and thought that this would be a good way to occupy some time. After almost a month and a half of my trying to find a suitable blown amp to work on, we finally have something and are getting things off the ground.

The goal is to complete and publish schematics, and get a board layout done that we can have made from one of the many inexpensive board houses and have an option to replace severely damaged driver cards without having to find a parts amp.

Attached are low resolution scans of the board, linked are the high resolution images hosted on my web page. I also have a completed BOM with all component values. I believe the only part in question is IC U6. I believe it to be a LM393, but am not certain. If anyone can verify, that would be excellent. I will update the BOM with mouser or digikey part numbers in the near future.

Low Resolution front side of board:
Click the image to open in full size.

High Resolution front side of board(click)

Low Resolution back side of board:
Click the image to open in full size.

High Resolution back side of board(click)

Spreadsheet BOM in ODS format (click)

Let me know if you spot any errors. I hope to remove the board solder mask today, and start the schematic.

*edit* I just found out that these drivers are not in fact made by 3s as I had assumed. It sounds like they are clones of similar 3s drivers, but are in fact made by Zenon. It doesn't really matter to the grand scheme of things, but it may help someone searching for information on the future.

Thanks!
Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3S_ZNCM_HP_V10_front_low_res.jpg (241.2 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg 3S_ZNCM_HP_V10_back_low_res.jpg (131.3 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by jacampb2; 31st December 2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Information correction
Old 30th December 2017, 03:26 PM   #2
NadaD is offline NadaD
diyAudio Member

Correct. 293/393
Old 30th December 2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

In the photos I have, it's a 2903 but it's essentially the same as a 293/393.
Old 30th December 2017, 06:31 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thank you guys! When I actually get toward the end, I'll buy some 2903's as well. I think I am set on LM393s and TL072s for the moment. I'm hopefully starting on the schematic this afternoon. I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks,
Jason
Old 31st December 2017, 10:22 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I didn't make any real progress yesterday afternoon. Hopefully things will go better today, but I'll have limited time until the children are back in school. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 1st January 2018, 09:15 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I'm a little less than a third of the way done with a rough schematic. I'm thinking that as long as there are no snags, I should have something ready for everyone to look over by this coming weekend.
Old 2nd January 2018, 08:32 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I spent a few hours working on the schematic today. I'm thinking I'm somewhere between 50% and 75% done with a rough schematic. I just took a couple of pictures of my mess to show I was working and to show anyone interested what my workflow is.

I print the scans as full page photos, then line them up back to back. I laminate them together and use wet erase markers to track my progress. Anything color coded on my pictures is stuff I have in the schematic so far. I use a push pin to track vias. This board is not very complex on the back side, but when there are many vias close together the push pin trick works wonders...

If things continue to go well I'll have rough schematics ready tomorrow.

Later,
Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zncm_hc_progress_1.jpg (501.8 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg zncm_hc-schem_start.jpg (436.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 2nd January 2018, 09:56 PM   #8
NadaD is offline NadaD
diyAudio Member

Well done, sir!
Old 2nd January 2018, 11:33 PM   #9
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

You can overlay the images so that you can see both layers at once.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3S_ZNCM_HP_V10_front_low_res5.jpg (180.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Perry Babin; 2nd January 2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:19 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Thanks Perry, I've tried that before. For me, it's less confusing to do it this way. It's easier for me to keep track of where I'm at if I have the hard copy and can physically mark it up. I realize I could print the overlays, idk, it just doesn't work for me as well.

Thank you for the input though, I never turn down advice, and it's a great tip. Hopefully it will help out some others if they choose to take on some projects like this.

Thanks!
Jason

3S-tech ZNCM_HP RE projectHide this!Advertise here!