Time alignment out of a factory radio, and any other suggestions (Golf Alltrack)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just changed to a new Golf Alltrack, and got the lower S model. The upper models' Fender system subwoofer had a pretty good quantity of bass, but the quality somehow bugged me. Too glossy sounding or something. The Alltrack has no center speaker to fill in, unlike the Kia Sorento I was driving. So I'm interested in time alignment for a better image, but it must run from the factory head unit, no way am I yanking that out since everything is integrated there.
- What devices are available for that? And what are their pros and cons? (and at a budget of maybe several hundred at most, as I need to put in a sub, probably rebuilding the frame around the spare tire well)

- The factory fronts are actually not too bad, but I would probably replace them again spending maybe a couple hundred. I actually wonder if I could tri-amp and put a small fullrange up front as a kind of mid-tweet, somehow enclosed into a little triangular window where the A-pillar meets the dash. OR, what large but enclosed tweeters are out there? The woofers are well down and back in the door, so the more frequencies I can get high and up front the better!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.