Rodek r2180a and protect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I try tu swap places for this to mpsa06 transistor to give it a try. And i got red light. So definitely some of those two mpsa are defective. I will replaced both of them and then do testing in car. But in my shop theae no mpsa06 transistor. Only mpsa05.is that a good replacement or i must bay mpsa06 from internet?

No, i turn around transistor, thats why i get protection. No i dont get red light with swaped transistors.

Last edited:
#40:
The defective channel is the one that prevents the amp from going into protect when a protection circuit component is removed.

It's possible that either the channel or the protection circuit is defective. If you defeat the protection circuit and reconnect it in the car, it could damage the speakers.

#41:
It depends on how the transistor is being used. The 60v rating of the 05 puts it at its limits.

#42:
You're measuring something wrong unless you have a broken connection between the rectifiers and the rail caps.

Last edited:
In the bag in which there were a56 transistors there were also a pair of kps a56 (or similar) transistor and I did not notice it. After switching on the amplifier, 7-8 resistors and one capacitor were burnt, but luckily everything else remained intact. so I decided to change all a56 and a06 transistors, tip42 / 41c on the left and right channels. Along the way, I changed all seven 4588d, and 494. I now that is probably 99% of this is good parts, but i get really angry at that moment. Also, 5401 and 4403 transistors have been replaced. I did not find the 4401 at the store.

Conclusion: After everything changed and tested on the table, after turning on, the amperage is about 3A for about a second and then drops to the minimum. After 30 minutes of operation without a loudspeaker, everything remains cold.

12v on 3205, +/- 37.8V on u1620 / 1620r and +/- 37.8v on type35 / 36. No voltage on rca, 0.04v on terminal speakers. but if I measure the + i - channel off the bridge channel, I have about 3-4V dc right after switching on the amplifier, and immediately drops to 0.04v. And pop sound on power on amp is still there, becouse off this 3-4v on amp powet on. Is it alarming?

Now amp is in the car, and runs good. No sign of protection for now but still testing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.