Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 problem

Perry I traced the 4.3k resistors on the back of the board and found one end of each for all 4channels connct and end up to a mps a06 transistor reads -17.66 emitter -17.14 base and 5.10v at collector . 5.10v is what i get from the 4.3k’s . On the mpsa56 it reads emitter 18.12v base 17.59 collector -4.46 which is the same on the 4.3k’s on the negative rail side. Could those be bad?

Last edited:
Perry or other tech pro’s .Would like to ask for assistance ordering the correct parts from mouser or digikey . Mouser has lower shipping . For the Fosgate Power 1000 The trans
Mpsa56
Mpsa06
2n5550
2n5401
All have some different characteristics so I am a little confused on what would be suitable replacements . Any help or advice will be appreciated .It is for the oldschool RF PW 1000’s 17v sw section .Mouser or Digikey but there website is confusing . Thanks

Perry I know this question is not related to this thread but wanted to ask if you sell amps as well? Looking for a Hk ca260. If I remember Hk made a larger one than that but cannot remember the model . I will go and order these parts and try to buy onsemi and post an update on the install , just crossing my fingers nothing else is wrong .

Had bad luck so many times ordering parts from ebay when I should stay away from that .ordering from digi or mouser has never let me down . I ended up doing mor damage with parts from the bay as far as burnng some amps and more .Just get confused on digi and mouser . I will have to order your course and take this serious in order to learn this trade . I’m into hifi audio ,vintage as well but still a rookie .Your course will help me in that field as well .

With few exceptions, no one should expect to get good quality parts from ebay. This is especially true for obsolete and hard to find semiconductors.

I bought a bunch of old Pioneer cassette decks with the intention to get them all in top condition but it will likely never happen. I still can't bear to sell them. I even have an RT-909 and a CT-F1250.

The repair tutorial has information that spills over into circuits used in home audio but virtually all examples are for car audio amps.