Making car amplifier SMPS with tl494 + DC Protection - Page 42 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 04:46 AM   #411
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I think using ETD49 core is a wrong choice...

looking at this link:

http://www.tauscher.com/html/etd49-etd59.html

ETD49 @ 50Khz can only handle 610 VA (which is around 8 amps at 44 volts)


well....i got to fix it....

Perri Babin mentioned in earlier post to use a toroid but, that specific toroid is not available
so, i got stuck with core...

looking at the same like of cores....ETD59 looks better in ratings...which can give me arround 16amps !! (if i do it right )
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 04:59 AM   #412
2pist is offline 2pist  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Utah
Thats exactly the problem. I bought two torroids from this guy on the forum. I am using the smaller one in my SMPS. I am saving the large one for my next project. Have not seen this guy in a while but you could try and contact him through the forum. They are wound for +- 50 volts. You could use 1/2 the secondary for a single supply of 50 volts. The large one is a monster and could supply 1000 watts. Here is his last post with pics of the torroids...http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...502#post476502

His personal email is also listed....
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 05:07 AM   #413
2pist is offline 2pist  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Utah
oops, he said in his post the large unit is +-35 volts. You could use it as is, pulling your current from the +- side of the supply (dont use the common or center tap) and regulate it with feedback to 44 volts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 05:21 AM   #414
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
true, but, i dont think that guy's email address is valid anymore...

his server does'nt exists anymore

so, i have to figure out a way...


or wait for some more advice from here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 05:41 AM   #415
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Louisiana
This core:
F-193A-F

should be in stock at CWS Bytemark:
http://www.cwsbytemark.com/prices/toroidal.php
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 06:36 AM   #416
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally posted by Perry Babin
This core:
F-193A-F

should be in stock at CWS Bytemark:
http://www.cwsbytemark.com/prices/toroidal.php

Wow !
Thanks Perri !

Ordered !
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 06:39 AM   #417
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member
 
luka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in Slovenia :)
Send a message via Skype™ to luka
Quote:
Originally posted by aliazhar
I think using ETD49 core is a wrong choice...

looking at this link:

http://www.tauscher.com/html/etd49-etd59.html

ETD49 @ 50Khz can only handle 610 VA (which is around 8 amps at 44 volts)


well....i got to fix it....

Perri Babin mentioned in earlier post to use a toroid but, that specific toroid is not available
so, i got stuck with core...

looking at the same like of cores....ETD59 looks better in ratings...which can give me arround 16amps !! (if i do it right )
Hi

I still don't know why you are looking at those pages, if I and Eva told you it is powerfull enough. I got over 700w,1kw peaks with ETD44, so why would bigger core produce less???
__________________
home page @ http://www.classdaudio.tk/ @ 24/7 all year long
I FEEL SLOVENIA
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 06:42 AM   #418
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally posted by luka


Hi

I still don't know why you are looking at those pages, if I and Eva told you it is powerfull enough. I got over 700w,1kw peaks with ETD44, so why would bigger core produce less???

to tell you the truth....i am a bit lost....so, i rather stick to toroids as many experts are using it...and follow the instruction or do my own thing...

so, i follow you guyz.....
once its up and running, then i can try other cores too....but, it has to work properly first.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 06:46 AM   #419
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member
 
luka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: in Slovenia :)
Send a message via Skype™ to luka
Hi

Limit your input with car light bulbs, you should have scope to see what is going on, why things aren't working right
__________________
home page @ http://www.classdaudio.tk/ @ 24/7 all year long
I FEEL SLOVENIA
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2008, 06:48 AM   #420
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally posted by luka
Hi

Limit your input with car light bulbs, you should have scope to see what is going on, why things aren't working right

I will post some pics from my scope to show whats going on....soon.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Overcurrent, overheat and overvoltage protection for TL494 Janez Power Supplies 17 21st December 2007 02:36 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2