Nakamichi CD500 info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.

I recently purchased a used Nakamichi CD500 to install in my 80's BMW. I wanted to upgrade from the original tape deck but every new head unit I found looks like it belongs in a spaceship and not a classic German car so I decided to compromise and get a not new but decent sounding head unit that at least looked like it belonged. Unfortunately whoever owned the Nak before me was a smoker so A) it smells and B) I am concerned with something shorting out with all the crap that must be inside it. Does have one have any recommendations oh how to deal with this or if there is a Nak car stereo place to get it refurbished? The unit also came with no user manual, does any one have a pdf of one? Info on this head unit is hard to come by. Also does anyone know if I can uses the CDc input as a second Aux on the unit? It appears to be just a RCA in. Thanks for any help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.