TMA 2 channel amp not turning on??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im working on this amp its a 2 channel and i can not get it to turn on at all
it dosnt draw current when i try to power it up
protect light comes on
some things that i checked
the ps fets are irfz46n for both sides
im not getting any volts on the 3rd leg of them im not shore why ??
0v on leg 1
12v on leg2
.01v on leg3

somthing that might be bad i saw some small red diodes
and checking them shouldnt i got current going in one direction?
not both??

the tl494cn chip read as this
pins
1 1.1 9 0
2 .3 10 0
3 0 11 1.1
4 0 12 1.1
5 0 13 .4
6 0 14 .4
7 0 15 .4
8 1.1 16 0

rectafier
c0511
leg 1 4.4v leg 2 4.0v leg3 4.4v

rectafier
u1620r
leg 1 4.4v leg 2 4.7v leg3 4.4v

i think some of the red dieods are bad some of them i get current going in one way and some i have current going both ways ? bad dieods cutting off power to other parts

Generally depending on the amp you will not have voltage on leg 3 of power supply FET's. Leg 1 will be gate voltage, for example 5vdc. The center leg will have same voltage as input, for example 12.50vdc. Leg 3 should have no voltage.

You need to make sure the remote turn on circuit is getting power to the IC that controls the power supply. If it is then you need to find out what is shutting down the IC. Look up the date sheet for a better understanding of the IC pins. The amp is not making rail voltage from your posted readings. Have you checked for regulated voltage at the op-amps? +/- vdc on the VCC pins?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.