Alpine 3545 blows all fuses after 5 seconds of power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally got another multimeter and now I was able to adjust the idle current. As soon as I adjusted both sides to 4mv as specd in the service manual ..now the power supply is quiet. So now I should replace the 3 2sc3182 transistors with 3 FJA4313. Or should I do the other side too for a total of 6 FJA4313.

How can I check the driver. I believe this is the driver..ill add a pic. This one seems to get warmer faster than the other side. If I turn on the amp I do get audio both sides. The transistor is still removed but the side that had the blown transistor seems to get real warm after about 2 mins so I wanted to check the driver before replacing all the transistors and then blowing them too. Thanks

Ok so this is not easy to explain. There has always been the one non transistor removed. The corresponding pnp transistor looked like it was smoking and got hot so I removed it too. Since I did that I can't get a reading at the idle current bias testpoint. Is that because I removed both the transistors. If I move one resistor in on both sides from the trstpoint I get a reading. I'll include pics

Both transistors removed and probes at original trstpoint for idle current. No reading now

Attachments

• 20171202_180856.jpg
    20171202_180856.jpg
    916.2 KB · Views: 68
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.