rockfordfosgate power T1000-4 problem, little power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good morning gentlemen, I have a problem with this amplifier power t1000-4 class a / b, everything works, however, it does not develop all its power (approx 50%), its capacitors are from 3300 mf to 63 volts, but the source only delivery + - 41 volts, positive from the tester to diodes (central leg), negative tester to RCA shield, I suppose the source must develop more voltage, will have to modify resistances of tl494?

Excuse me, I am using a translator.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• T1000-4_Full_Inside.jpg
    T1000-4_Full_Inside.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
this amplifier I bought it used 4 years ago and we have used it three people and we have all agreed that it generates little power (I am talking about installers of years).

No speaker is out of phase, it has been tested in various cars and configurations.

it has worked up to 8 volts pre out of signal output and its power is still limited.

there is no voltage drop at the source when it is connected to the speakers.

Any capacitor that is leaking, could be dragging down the power supply voltage and limiting your power output accordingly. This is easy to test if you have a capacitor tester or you could just shot gun the whole system and replace all of the caps and of course be sure to observe polarity. When I say leaking I mean a breakdown inside the cap di electric insulation. If the output is the same on both channels then the power supply caps would be the first one's to replace and then re-test.

One final note, what is your power source for the amp, are you using a 12 volt battery or a bench power supply ? If you are using a bench power supply what is the maximum amperage that it can put out. You need at least a 10 to 15 amp power supply before any testing can be done. The supply voltage to the amp and the current available is critical. When everything in the vehicle is running the 12 volts may be sagging. With the engine running you should have around 13.8 volts or a little more feeding the amp. If it is below 12 volts there in no way you will have full power out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.