Cap replacement Soundstream D/MC series.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a number of older SS amps that I'm about to put into service after storage (15yrs). D100II, D200II, MC300, CA50II.

One of the D200II had blown outputs and a blown FED16BT dual diode. Not sure what was the cause and what was the effect on that one. I have the parts on the way to repair that.

My question is which caps should I consider replacing in these amps? Most are low hr units, none of the electrolytics are bulged or leaking.

Just the PS filter caps? What brand/series should I be using there (2200mf 50V)

Input caps or any in the signal path like the 10mf before the 3067 dual transistors?

Any input would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks Perry, as I suspected..
It's a bit of a catch-22, you have to de-solder them to check, so why not replace them instead....same amount of labour.
The MC300 has had the electrolytics replaced in two channels but not the other two, everything else is untouched. I am the second owner of the MC300 so don't know what sort of life it had, it has been worked on by a pro shop at least once, dual diodes and switches have been replaced already.
What are the recommended capacitors for power supply filter caps? Caps in the audio circuits?

Thanks Doug

I actually stared at the ones in my D200IIs for a couple days before deciding they were meant to stay. They are excellent quality Nichicon, with very nicely sealed ends...
I did replace the smaller ones on the feedback section with some slightly smoother sounding parts.
Could have just left it all and probably would have been just fine for reliability, was trying to get it to sound closer to the other amp I was using with it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.