Kia Sorrento Sub woofer needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
My first ever post in the car section
Whooot

The Boss just bought her first new car in 17 years and while it is a big whale compared to the Renault sports model she previously drove she loves it apart form one thing
Having lived with me for so long she now really appreciates good, deep, loud bass and the sound system in the new car dosn't deliver

I looks like the punch-out in the L/H rear will take an 8 inch woofer but I'm not sure and I don't know if there is anything behind the plastic facade either
Anybody here know anything about this particular model Kia and prepared to make a recommendation for something at the lower end of the car audio spectrum.
A couple of provisos
We are going to be using the vehicle for long road trips so any after market stuff cannot take up any of the load or mattress space
There is a very limited budget due to the cost of the new car and we are in Australia so good small subwoofer drivers seem to be thin on the ground

No idea how good or bad they are, but what about the 8" under seat units that have a built in amp (WES).
For an actual driver, what about the peerless xls/xxls range.

Personally I'd start by upgrading front speakers.
Also look at an amplifier and depending on dash layout etc, a decent headunit.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
It's possible to add in a small removable sub but no alterations are permitted by the terms of the lease agreement and we do not want to do anything other than run a small sub Under seat not permitted by the design as we still have to accommodate tadpoles from time to time otherwise the seats will remain in the folded position
Head unit?? In a fully integrated modern car??
All the audio goes through the vehicles on-board computer along with the SatNav and GPS etc No CD player or anything it's all via a smart phone and the Aux input

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.