Help in understanding amplifier guts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy all,

Im wondering if yall can help me read or see and understand amplifier guts, to guesstimate amplifier power.

Like if an amp has 2 IRFZ44Ns at the input vs one that has 4 at the input stage, vs IRFP44s or IRFP54s
Like an amp with A1941/C5198 vs another amp with B688/D718 at the output stage...
When transistor specs say this is used for 70watt audio amplifier do they mean that single trans or both in push pull configuration? Or would they become 140watt capable sincle each is handling one side of the sine wave?

I can research the component specification but would like to know how they relate to the power output... also how they relate to load handling...

In very general terms that spec sheet was talking about 70w for a pair of those in push pull. One of those devices by itself would have to be run in what is called single ended class A and like that you would have to have a LARGE heatsink to even think about getting 10 watts.

well sounds like a good start to understand output stage in amps.

what about input stage, when looking at mosfet spec sheets what should i understand from them? their power dissipation or their voltage handling or current draw to understand both how the voltage and power is distributed and how the current can handle lower load.. any quick hand rules that show the above?

When an amp's output transistors are doubled is that twice the power by voltage or half load capable? Twice the current? How can i tell what load it can handle?

If a 4channel amp has 2 A1694 side by side then two C4467s, are they sharing the load (sharing current) or doubling their voltage gain?

Sorry but by the kind of questions you are asking you should better start from 0 studying Electronics and then getting into Amplifiers.

Otherwise you´ll ask 10000 questions yet have no clue about 10001, because you´ll learn them by heart instead of actually lerning how they work.

In the long run, the shortest path.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.