"Best"/most reliable RCA Y audio splitter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess u r trying to say any old y adapter from any old source is fine and what u would buy. That's fine and dandy. The pretty gold $9 mediabridge one from amazon was junk. My question was is there a "trusted brand" of y adapters that r built well and reliable? Maybe there isn't and pro/semipro installers just use whatever is lying around at the dollar store.

Bye I'm referring to the type with wires attached. Usually 6" or so.

I've seen expensive brands have high failure rates and cheap cables/adapters last forever. It's not a critical component. It's two wires soldered on one end with each wire going to individual connectors.

Y-Cables

Lol. Not critical?? What do u call a part that entire signal is going through it?!
I've had cheap wires "work", only to open the ends out of curiosity to find ONE
single strand of the twenty five or so strands actually connected to the end. I would call that an unacceptable working cable. I guess I need find one that has plug covers that screw off so I can at least correct any issues at the plugs since that's the spot where most issues would occur. I think monoprice has some like that. I'll check them out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.