Ground zero GZPA 1.4000DXII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have this Ground zero GZPA 1.4000DXII I need help identifying parts numbers for the IC's that are scratched off.

This amp had a blown power supply and output. I repaired the power supply, but I get no class d switching. I can hear light ticks from the output. Please help!

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170814_112852.jpg
    20170814_112852.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 291
There is a test procedure that allows you to check for signal at various points. There are a few variations. The following thread is the procedure for a similar amp.

For most amps, you solder a 10k resistor between pins 1 and 2 of the TL072. Then you solder a bridge between legs 2 and 3 of the 21844. Driving a strong low frequency signal (50Hz-100Hz), if the circuit is working correctly, you will be able to see a square wave at the output of the TL072, at the output of the LM211 and at the input of the 21844.

Checking PWM signal on Class-D amps using IRS21844S problems

There is a test procedure that allows you to check for signal at various points. There are a few variations. The following thread is the procedure for a similar amp.

For most amps, you solder a 10k resistor between pins 1 and 2 of the TL072. Then you solder a bridge between legs 2 and 3 of the 21844. Driving a strong low frequency signal (50Hz-100Hz), if the circuit is working correctly, you will be able to see a square wave at the output of the TL072, at the output of the LM211 and at the input of the 21844.

Checking PWM signal on Class-D amps using IRS21844S problems

what is the function of the 10k resistor?
i've understand that the bridge between pin 2 & 3 of irs21844 force the chip to shutdown her output, but the resistor?

There is no feedback without the amp working normally. The open feedback loop can make the op-amp do strange things. The 10k feedback resistor allows the op-amp to function as an audio amplifier. If the output of the op-amp is clean audio, you can see that the op-amp is functioning normally and can move on to the next stage of troubleshooting.

There is no feedback without the amp working normally. The open feedback loop can make the op-amp do strange things. The 10k feedback resistor allows the op-amp to function as an audio amplifier. If the output of the op-amp is clean audio, you can see that the op-amp is functioning normally and can move on to the next stage of troubleshooting.
thanks for the info.
;):)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.